Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

In a Special Power of Attorney related to real estate, does

In a Special Power of Attorney related to real estate, does the following language allow your attorney in fact to quit claim or donate the real estate to themselves or any other entity they desire as well as distribute the proceeds as appropriate even to the attorney in fact?The purpose for which this power of attorney is granted is:To direct, instruct, authorize and permit AGENT to Sell and Deliver the hereinafter described real estate, and/or all of PRINCIPAL’S right, title and interest therein, with warranty of title and with subrogation of all actions of warranty, unto any person, firm or corporation or association, for such price and on such terms and conditions as AGENT may deem proper, to pay and discharge any and all charges, expenses and encumbrances in connection therewith, and to receive and receipt for the selling price.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It is a broad power and does grant the agent broad authority but it cannot be used for self dealing or to harm grantor's interest.

If my reply is acceptable please reply “yes” or “acceptable” - that’s how I get credit by the site.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. What instrument can be used to accomplish this besides a Will if the principle desires the agent to have the powers stated above?

power of attorney, which can also be cancelled or modified if needed.

very welcome.

Can also use a trust and grant powers to a trustee!

revocable or irrevocable are alternatives.

Please take a moment to rate me by pressing at top or bottom of your screen on the 5 stars (*****) and pressing submit. If you don't find the stars, please just reply back “5 stars” - helps me get credit by the site for the answer and is very much appreciated!