Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  19 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 27 years
19958803

If I choose to terminate a rental agreement before I’ve

If I choose to terminate a rental agreement before I’ve gained possession but after I’ve sent my deposit, how soon can I expect a refund as the landlord is claiming I can’t get paid immediately because I paid in installments

Hello and welcome! My name is Barrister and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation.

.

You will likely be offered a live phone call by the website. It is not from me.

.

If you would like a call, another attorney will provide that service. I only work on the website. and prefer to type my responses so they are in front of you.

.

There may be a short delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual independent practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Are you and the landlord both agreeing to end the rental agreement early? Or are you breaking the agreement?

..

.

thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The landlord broke our original agreement by requesting more money than is outlined in the agreement and withholding my keys and thus my possession of the apartment
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She also refuses to stick to our original agreement and I refuse to send more money without receiving keys or a revised agreement yet she’s claiming I can’t expect an immediate refund because I paid in installments

Ok, that is kind of a ridiculous thing for the landlord to say... the truth is she spent your money.. So your recourse here is to sue the landlord for breach of contract immediately if she won't honor your rental agreement and won't refund all your money immediately..