Sean Lopez
Sean Lopez,
Experience:  Managing Attorney at Lopez Law Group
106202015

My mother quit claim deeded her no mortgage home to her

My mother quit claim deeded her no mortgage home to her grandson 5 years ago. It was notarized but not recorded with the county because it costs $500.00 to do that.
JA: What steps has she taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Is he able to quit claim it to his parents with out recording it with the county first? Making it a one time recording fee instead of her name to his=$500.00 and his name to ours for another $500.00????
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: All our son has is a notarized quit claim deed and he does not want the house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, how are you?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good and you?

My Name is Sean, I am an attorney. I will be happy to help. If you could please allow me a few minutes to review your question I would appreciate it : )

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes please and we live in Cuyahoga county Ohio. Thanks

No he would need to record it for the sale to be valid

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I thought so. Thanks

my pleasure, if you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask. If you could please accept the answer and leave a 5 Star Rating I would greatly appreciate it : )