How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JKEsq Your Own Question
JKEsq, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7198
Experience:  Managing law firm partner
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
JKEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Being sued in a civil case case type other real property 26

This answer was rated:

being sued in a civil case case type other real property 26 what does that mean? I donot own the land my father does
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by state.
Customer: san luis Obispo county case number *****
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the plantiff is sueing myself my son and my father and two minors

Hello I will be the attorney assisting you today. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. You may receive an offer from the site for a phone call that I have no control over being offered to you. This is an optional paid service and another expert would call you when available as I do not participate in calls as an actively practicing attorney.

"Other real property 26" is just the case type the clerk uses for their records. See page 4 here for the chart of case types.

Category 26 is: "writ of possession real property, mortgage foreclosure, quiet title, other real property (not eminent domain, landlord/tenant, or foreclosure)."

So it is a few types of real property cases. Unfortuantely your county does not appear to have an online case search so I cant look up the case number ***** see what it is.

My best guess is they are saying due to being father's kids/grandkids that you have some interest in the real property he owns (after his death would pass to you and/or your kids) and he is being sued over that property. So you are just being sued likely as having a possible interest in the property being sued over. That would be common in foreclosure or quiet title that are types of suits under Category 26 where you have to sue everyone with a potential interest in the property.

But that is a best guess without seeing the case.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Ok the suit is the plantiff is saying we caused his buss. To lose money because we were blocking enterence which we never blocked him or cust. He's never there. That we've left trash near property which is untrue . He's a
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
His business is a tree cutting and my father's is a junk yard.

I have no idea what that has to do with real property then. It sounds like this person has no idea what he's doing filing by himself without a lawyer

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Exactly . I thank you for you help

I would bring the paperwork to a local lawyer you still have to respond even if the suit is nonsense; as if you dont you lose by default






You're very welcome. Please do press the star rating to give 3-5 stars at the top right of this chat box ★★★★★ and hit submit as that is the only way this site gives me credit me for my time replying to your question. See how to rate
It costs you nothing to give a rating.


JKEsq and 11 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you