Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  19 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 27 years
19958803

I am an independent real estate agent in the state of

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am an independent real estate agent in the state of Colorado. I offer transaction coordinating services to For Sale By Owner. Id like to expand into the state of Arizona. Do I need to be licensed in AZ to offer TC services to FSBOs?
JA: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: What paper work are you referring to?
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I am looking for a free consultation from a lawyer can you point me in the right direction
JA: To get you the best answer, I'll need a few more quick details. Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would draft the generic contracts at the directive of the buyer and the seller. I have a disclaimer that says Im working ona an administrative capacity and I am not licensed in the state of AZ
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.

Hello, how are you? My name is***** am a real estate attorney I will be happy to help

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi can we do this via email?
Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.

we can talk through this chat or on the phone

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh this might work I think I have the hang of it now... I am an independent real estate agent in the state of Colorado. I offer transaction coordinating services to For Sale By Owner. Id like to expand into the state of Arizona. Do I need to be licensed in AZ to offer TC services to FSBOs?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
chat: I am an independent real estate agent in the state of Colorado. I offer transaction coordinating services to For Sale By Owner. Id like to expand into the state of Arizona. Do I need to be licensed in AZ to offer TC services to FSBOs?
Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.

Yes, you would need to be licensed to act in a tranactional capacity.

Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.

as long as you are charging a fee for any real estate services you must be licensed

Expert:  Sean Lopez replied 5 days ago.

Do you have any other questions?