Dan Dufresne
Dan Dufresne, Lawyer
Experience:  Dufresne Law Firm, PLLC
102057450

I'm a licensed real estate agent and founding partner in a

I'm a licensed real estate agent and founding partner in a PLLC real estate team with my wife, the team leader. We're getting divorced. I've sold 2 homes in the last month, and these commissions have been sent to the brokerage for thie split, and then to my wife for the teams 20% split. She refuses to pay me any commissions for the sales. What can I do?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No. I've talked to our Managing broker, but no paperwork
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: I've been the agent and sold 2 homes in AZ
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I am currently listed as a partner on the pLLC with the AZ corp commission, with the AZ Department of real estate, and with the brokerage.

Good afternoon! I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Based on what you've explained, you have a claim for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and/or accounts stated. You might consider contacting your local Bar Association and ask for a Real Estate Attorney referral. Most attorneys will provide a 30 minute free phone consultation. Have I answered your question? If not, please let me know if you have any follow-on questions. If so, PLEASE RATE ME (5 Star appreciated). Please click on those GREEN STARS at the top of the page. I won't receive credit for assisting you unless you provide a rating. THANK YOU!

Have I answered your question? If not, please let me know if you have any follow-on questions. If so, PLEASE RATE ME (5 Star appreciated). Please click on those GREEN STARS at the top of the page. I won't receive credit for assisting you unless you provide a rating. THANK YOU!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Should I give some official or written notice to.the brokerage or team lead that I must legally be paid as under our agreement?

That's a wonderful idea. Yes -- I'd start with an email demand for payment which you compose! Have I answered your question? If not, please let me know if you have any follow-on questions. If so, PLEASE RATE ME (5 Star appreciated). Please click on those GREEN STARS at the top of the page. I won't receive credit for assisting you unless you provide a rating. THANK YOU!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4 star