Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A friend ask to store items in my storage unit. No contract.

Customer Question
A friend ask to...

A friend ask to store items in my storage unit. No contract. His current address is unknown. Last contact 7/26. I sent via text he needs to remove his possessions by aug 7, 2018. If not penalty is to pay one half rent which would be 30$ per minute month to retroact to June 2018. I stated I needed a 24 hour notice so I could give him access

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm thinking

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 15 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

If you don't get a response and payment here you claim there were abandoned and cal sell or donate them.You aren't obligated to store these past the date on notice.Legally you can consider these abandoned since friend has not responded to you.Keep copies of email or letter you sent here for proof of notice.You should now be free to dispose of these.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.