Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have won judgement on a past tenant, who at the time of…

Customer Question
I have won judgement...

I have won judgement on a past tenant, who at the time of the judgement lost her job. Can I know go back and see if she is working and how much (ball park) would it cost to have a lawyer file the paperwork? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Only the original judgement itse;f when the judge rulled in my favor

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Customer:*****#101 Centennial CO 80211

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just can it be done and what would it cost me to get it going again if she currently has a job

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You will need lawyer to run her credit history to see if they a e working so they can garnish wages.Lawyer can set a debtors exam hearing to require her to disclose employer, bank accounts, any non exempt assets.These are the next steps for you

Lawyer referral

Contact Information for Lawyer Referral Services in Colorado

El Paso County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Colorado Springs, CO
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Serving El Paso County and Teller County, CO.

Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service, Inc.
Aurora, CO
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Serving Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Jefferson, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Larimer, City of Aurora, and Broomfield.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the second part of my question? Ball Park, what would it cost?

The lawyer might agree to contingent fee maybe 40% of the judgement here.If hourly maybe $2,500 here.

Reference to garnishment

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm?Form_Type_ID=29

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You

You are so welcome thanks for 5 stars at top of page.