Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My godchild mlives in las vegas with her brother and sister…

Customer Question
My godchild mlives in...

My godchild mlives in las vegas with her brother and sister her other brother lives on long island ny. my aunt npassed away 3 weeks ago the new york brother is excuter of the will he will not show n the other family members the will and just sold the house they were living in that was there motherss and fathers house my undcle pass away 9 years ago my aunt had two of the children and their spouse living with her taking care of her the son living in new york became exutor of the estate and had power of attorney even though he lived here in ny he will not show them any back accounts or the will and has just tolde them he sold the house and they have to leave. the sale of the house will be divided by the 4 children 3 of them saied they didn"t want to for the price he solds it for they felt they could get alot more as the house was just remoldeed last year whgat can they do they have limited inciome please tell me what to do to help them,

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Its in las vegas nv they have no ide WHATS BEEN FILED HE WON"T TELL OR SHOW THEM ANYTHING SAID HES THE BOSS AND DOSE NOT HAVE TO SHOW THEM ANYTHING

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NONE THAT WE KNOW OF HE LIVES HERE

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO THATS ALL WE KNOW THERE PARENTS ALWAYS SAIF EVERYTHING WAS TO BE SPLIT 4 WAYS

Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 12 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Has probate been filed in NY and are they heirs here,thanks

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
AS FAR AS WE KNOW NO
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
NO

So they will need their own lawyer here in NY if that is where probate has been filed.It appears the brother is self dealing and out to steal it all.A lawyer can protect them and force removal of executor.They have rights here

Lawyer referral

Lawyer Referral and Information Service (lris)
1(800)(###) ###-####br />Online requests can be made through: www.Findalawyernys.org

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Let me know if you have more.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated,,

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
DO NOT CALL ME I WILL NOT PAY THIS WAS A FREE TRAIL CANCEL THIS NOW

No problem , thanks for rating 5 stars.

Have a blessed day.