Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a tenant be evicted for hysterica, screaming &

Can a tenant be...

Can a tenant be evicted for hysterica, screaming & threatening behavior with the landlord? city of Santa Clara CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Santa Clara California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2018
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, a landlord can but would want to give a notice to cure and cease this conduct, prior to filing for eviction.

Reasons that can justify the eviction of a tenant due to bad acts or bad behavior include:

1. The tenant failed to pay rent.
  2. The tenant caused damage to the property.
  3. The tenant met the definition of a “nuisance” and interfered with other tenants’ enjoyment of their property.
  4. The individual committed a crime involving guns, weapons, or ammunition.
  5. The tenant utilized the property to conduct dog fighting, cockfighting, or drug sale or manufacture operations.
  6. The individual committed domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking against another tenant.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The verbal abuse is with me the landlord not anyone else - also in text messages & emails - screaming threats to sue me

Any clue why they would do this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot pay $59.

No need. We can continue online.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
depression, dog problem dissagreements, she wines & complains about things that are not under the lease

You could have a basis to evict, if she is harassing you and being problematic. If she is asking that things be done which you are not required to do or outside the scope of the lease, you can refuse and also tell her to cease the contact. If it continues, you could have a basis to evict, as a result.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you - I can't do $59. as this time, perhaps later.

You are welcome and please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not I kindly just ask that you rate my help at the top at this time. Thank you again.

RealEstateAnswer