Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need to make move out inspection appointment with the

Customer Question
I need to make...

I need to make move out inspection appointment with the renter on the lease end day, 7/31. My renter said she has right to stay in the house until midnight of the lease end day so she needs to has the move out inspection appointment at midnight of 7/31 or 8/1 morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Is

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

It’s not Fair ! los Angeles

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know what is the move out time for the lease end day

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
What is the latest time that a renter needs to move out/ vacate from the premise for me to do the move out inpesction with them on the lease end day?
7/11/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 9 days ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What the tenant is doing makes no sense. I say that because they are not allowing themselves enough time to make any repairs or fix any damage, by having this done at the last minute or after the lease ends. The purpose of it is to identify issues and allow the time time to repair. Once the lease ends, they need to vacate and be out. They can not stay and make repairs past the lease end, so they are taking a risk that everything will be perfect. When the tenant requests an initial inspection, the landlord and the tenant must try to agree on a mutually convenient date and time for the inspection. The inspection cannot be scheduled earlier than two weeks before the end of the tenancy or lease term. In any event, the inspection should be scheduled to allow the tenant ample time to perform repairs or do cleaning identified during the initial inspection. The landlord must give the tenant at least 48 hours’ advance written notice of the date and time of the inspection whether or not the parties have agreed to a date and time for the inspection. The landlord is not required to give the 48-hour notice to the tenant if: • the parties have not agreed on a date and time, and the tenant no longer wants the inspection; or • the landlord and tenant have agreed in writing to waive (give up) the 48-hour notice requirement.