Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

On a voluntary repo I know the car will sell for less than I…

Customer Question
On a voluntary...

On a voluntary repo I know the car will sell for less than I owe, and will hurt my credit. What is the worst that can happen if I don't pay the difference?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

New Mexico. Iam just thinking about giving it back, not late ,or anything

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/11/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 10 days ago
Jessica B
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!
If the car sells for less than what is owed, then the lender will receive a deficient judgment against you for the balance. If you refuse to pay the judgment then the lender may attempt to collect the money by garnishing your wages, claiming your IRS refund, or garnishing your bank account.
Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 10 days ago

Was this information helpful?

Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 7 days ago

Please let me know if you have an additional question. If not, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!