Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

Can the Home Owners Association I live in Blaine Wa order me

Can the Home Owners Association I live in Blaine Wa order me to pay the sum of $2,800.00 dollar to pave the roads in the association.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The association management, 8 managers, as a group voted to charge and then send out a letter demanding we pay by August 2018. THE ASS. MGN. sent only one letter and has not sent another letter or billing invoice.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE BYLAWS of or Association agreement states the Aa. MGN. can only use or spend up to $12,500.00 without a vote of the membership. This vote on asphaulting the roads was turned down by the membership January of 2018 but the Association. managers forced the asphault bid to a vote of the managers and thus to be authorized and voted to charge every home owner for new asphault even thou we voted it down.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My road is gravel, about a mile of unraveled road. The other section is asphaulted and does need repairing now and will need re-asphaulting In some future year. The bass state the the Association can repair and maintain rain in same condition but I see now where that they can upgrade without the permission of the members of that cost is above the $2,800 00 spending limit. I feel that the association has been ram rodding this and other measures through before next years AGM IN November 2018.
Is it ordering all owners?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been advised that if they do not get all the money required by construction time they will proceed with the money they do have and lien the properties not submiting.
The association can do so provided it has secured the necessary vote pursuant to the bylaws and tax each owner consistent there with.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Association Managers send out a voting letter and all members who wa Ted to vote, voted. We were told at a meeting that the asphaulting of the roads vote was turned down by the membership last January 2019. The Aociation now states that the have the right to over rule the membership. For the good of the members and charge and thus proceed with re-asphaulting one mile of existing used paved surface and installed new asphault over the one mile of exiting gravel road under their care. The ASS. bylaws states that that they may maintain but does not say that they can improve.How much would it cost to get a letter to advise them of their duties or get an injunction to stop and rescind any money the now have taken from the obligatory membership
It appears they exceeded authority and acted beyond scope and against member vote.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekLocal counsel can send same and seek to reverse and can even sue and seek court injunction.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
THANKS!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
as I understand... no call...no charge for a phone call...correct?
Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
5 stars. THANKS.
Thanks!!