Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Give me one sec. please. I own my condo at Cambridge court…

Customer Question
Give me one sec...

Give me one sec. please

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I own my condo at Cambridge court in Jonesboro Arkansas, 72401. Ive lived here a little over ten years, and have always paid my HOA fees ever month of 125 dollars. I would like to have some kind of document of what my fees are going towards , or at least where all the fees are being held. can you tell me what steps I should take to receive some kind of information .

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the condo located?

Jonesboro Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, not now. may have more questions afterwards.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/12/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Generally, a member or homeowner or unitholder in an HOA can have access to financial records. Also, usually, there is an annual meeting where budgeting issues could be discussed. Although records and minutes may only be inspected for a purpose reasonably related to the member's interest as a member, knowing what HOA fees are being used for is a legitimate interest. The bylaws or other documents should address the issue of review by members. If not, it is generally accepted that financial statements are reviewable. If for some reason you are not being provided the information, you can see how you can pursue a remedy through the bylaws or ultimately in court.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Hello again:

I have been happy to answer your question for you. If you need more, just let me know.

______________