Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A lien has been placed on my home for past due HOA fees, the…

Customer Question
a lien has been placed...
a lien has been placed on my home for past due HOA fees, the fees are $520 and the lien is for $2500 due in 60 days, the home is in las vegas NV. is there any way to reduce this amount to something more reasonable ? thank you, Tim
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/10/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 2 months ago
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

When an HOA lien is recorded against your real estate you may lower the amount due, by either proving you have paid therefore the past due amount is incorrect, or you may negotiate with the HOA directly for a lower payoff. Many times, the total due includes a penalty fee and interest. Some HOA's will waive the penalty and interest fee. If your HOA will negotiate a lower payoff, then you need to make sure you get it in writing and the HOA records a Release of Lien.

Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 2 months ago

Was this information helpful?

Real Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 2 months ago

Please let me know if you have an additional question. If not, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!