Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I would like to discuss a condo association action against

i would like to discuss a condo association action against me
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i have sent them certified mail pointing out the relevant sections of our association pertaining to them trying to charge me for a repair that is clearly the association's responsibility
JA: Where is the condo located?
Customer:*****#7, Hampton Beach NH 03842
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: /q
I am very sorry you had to go through thisWhat outcome do you envision at this point?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want them to stop harassing me and to abide by the condo association Laws that clearly state when there is damage to more than one condo unit the repairs
Agree. On review of your facts, you have a good case.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekIf needed counsel can send a cease and desist.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I’m really not very good with typing I think I need to seek out a local attorney that specializes in condo law but I do appreciate your help
Gladly.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!