Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Does an HOA Lien apply to any properties owned or just the…

Does an HOA Lien...

Does an HOA Lien apply to any properties owned or just the one under its jurisdiction. We have a property that’s now worthless that has back owed HOA dues. They are threatening a lien but the property isn’t worth the amount of the dues. This is in South Carolina. Would this Leon apply to property we own in other states?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have only emailed the HOA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a SC lawyer about this?

No

6/6/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It just applies to the property under and within the hoa. Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
If we let them foreclose on the property will this affect our personal credit?
it is preferred from that perspective to negotiate a resolution without such a sale
Infolawyer, Lawyer