Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am a home owner in the hollywood hills. My immediate

I am a home...

I am a home owner in the hollywood hills. My immediate neighbor, also a homeowner, has started chain smoking in her backyard, day and night. our houses are close. we cant open our windows or doors and every time we walk outside we smell strong cigarette smoke. The is no HOA. Before I approach her and nicely ask her to consider smoking elsewhere, what are my rights? thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No steps. she probably doesnt know I can smell it. I was hoping she'd quite since started recently but its been a few months so I want to write he a nice note.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Both houses are located in the Hollywood hills. we are both homeowners. no HOA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just like to know my rights to live in a smoke free environment and perhaps the best way to approach without creating bad blood.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/4/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

ok thank you

The site is processing your telephone call. In the meantime we can continue in this format. You are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of your home. Smoke intruding into the area of your home is not only a health hazard it is a nuisance. The first step is to try to work this out amicably.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
is it asking to much to ask her to smoke in her front yard so the smoke hopefully blows into the street? Theres already a bit of tension between us so Id like to approach as nicely as possible. any suggestions on language welcome