Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

Real estate comtract received 3 required signatures. Before

Real estate comtract received 3 required signatures. Before faxing the document to his agent, the husband made 2 changes to the contract, 1 initial, sent to agent rec execu date. Valid k without chgs.?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Contract sent to title co., kicked back .Hisband got wife's initials, came to Buyer for intials, which one change is pg.6.17,fiving up the right to receive legal fees if prevail in a future fictitious court preceeding.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Portland, Texas (outside of Corpus Christi.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the contract valid without the changes made after the 3 required parties signed the contract. "A done diggered deal". Or is it a negotiable contract?

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

It sounds as if the parties are still negotiating and no valid contract is entered into.

When it is sent back with changes, it is treated as a counteroffer, not an acceptance.

If no meeting of the minds has taken place then there is no contract yet.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.