Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Currently facing an HOA foreclosure in NC. The attorney for…

Currently facing an HOA...

Currently facing an HOA foreclosure in NC.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

The attorney for the HOA will only communicate via email & only recently responded after I requested a read receipt. after finally receiving a response, I was told that another attorney is handling the case. again I emailed him & no response.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NC lawyer about this?

Did not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The deadline has passed as far as the date to have a payment submitted prior to proceeding with the foreclosure

Answered in 1 day by:
6/4/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Not finding services useful.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

How much do you owe? When was the due date? https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/north-carolina-hoa-coa-foreclosures.html

The due date was 5/17 & the last amount quoted was $6500 ( fees included)

Are you able to make the payment to stop this action?

That’s why I’ve been trying to reach the attorney- to get an update on the amount owed... they don’t respond .
I finally heard from the new attorney a few days ago. He said that he would look over the case & get back to me- haven’t heard anything else from him.

The Attorney for the association will not be helpful to you. In fact this is huge issue for owners. You will want to have a local Attorney contact them on your behalf and force the to provide the information needed and resolve this matter. We do not want them to get away with this. With an Attorney involved they will respond or there will be a court order demanding that they respond. Where in NC is your property located so I can provide a link for Attorneys in the area that provide FREE consultations that can assist you? After your situation is resolved a complaint should be filed against the Board. The Board and their agents (the Attorney) are required to act in the best interests of all owner's. Failing to communicate with you to safe your home is not in anyone's best interests.

My home is in Cary ( Raleigh area). I thought the same thing.
Thank you for your assistance

I am going to provide a few resources for you.

Free Consultation Attorneys https://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/real-estate-law/raleigh/north-carolina

The State Bar Association also has resources for the Public at https://www.ncbar.org/public-resources/lawyer-referral-service/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Will do. Thank you again for your assistance.
Should I want to use your services, is it best to come back to this chat to move forward?

You can return to this question at any time or request me in the subject line of a new question. Atty2.

I’ve never used this service before.
What would I need to do next to use your services? I would like to get this resolved as soon as possible.

You would open a new question. Otherwise move forward by contacting the local Attorneys I provided for you above.

I meant to ask about working with you through this service. Sorry

My apologies. Thank you for the clarification. The best way is to open a new question and request Atty2 in the subject line or through my link https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attyadvisor/

The Attorneys have no access to customer accounts or billing. For any information on the services for this site you would contact Customer Care.

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada 1-***-***-****

Ok. Great. Thank you

You are most welcome.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit from the site I would appreciate it. Are you able to see the rating scale at the top of the page on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for using JA.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Will do

Thank you.

Thank you for taking the extra time to add a bonus!

You’re welcome
What are your fees to deal with a matter such as this?

Pursuant to the terms of service of the site the Attorneys on the site are not permitted to represent site customers. Thank you.