Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can you direct me to Montana statues/law governing homeowner…

Can you direct me...

Can you direct me to Montana statues/law governing homeowner associations and their governing documents (i.e., revising CC&Rs)?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Been debating process with board of directors. Declarant has reached end of terms, CC&Rs are obsolete as a the ByLaws. Must be revised.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MT lawyer about this?

Not yet. Trying to package proposal for discussion. Property management team 5 years ago said 100% of owners must approve...an impossible task. Governing docs are silent on amendments/revisions. All research across states (except MT) site minimum requirement might be 51%. Looking for MT guidance based on law.

My wait time has passed...
Answered in 1 day by:
6/3/2018
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I'm OK, but I am working with a deadline. Not later than COB Tuesday, 5 June, would work. Thanks for checking.
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Thank you for your response.
If "experts" can't find any legal guidance in the statutes, that is OK. We need that report too.
It's Wednesday, and I still have not received an answer to my question. I am, however, receiving numerous e-mails from JustAnswer asking me to sign up for more...what gives?
Eric. Y., Esq.

Hello. My name is Eric. I am an attorney and can assist you.

The Montana Unit Ownership Act is what you are searching for. It will provide guidance on your issues. Please see the attached URL to proceed to that Monatan Law.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0700/chapter_0230/parts_index.html

I hope this information was helpful. If so, please rate my response on a scale of 3-5 stars or hit "accept" answer on your end. Thank you.

Eric. Y., Esq.
Our situation is not a condo building as the Unit Ownership Act pertains. Instead, we are a HOA of 82 homes. Different issue. Still looking for statute(s) governing changing the CC&Rs after the declarant is removed. Still, I appreciate your research...rating it a 4.