Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Own home in Tucson, step son living there, has not paid

Customer Question
Own home in Tucson...

Own home in Tucson, step son living there, has not paid rent, I am going to mail NOTICE TO PAY RENT OR QUIT, form that I got online, is that the proper 1st step?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

AZ, i'm in IL

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

None, verbal, he was to pay $800.00 monthly, never did

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If he can follow up for me in court, need Tucson lawyer

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/1/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 17 days ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. The lease is verbal, correct? How long has the tenant been on the property? You will need to provide written notice to the tenant to pay or quit. Do you need the form?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I got the form I was waiting to talk to an attorney before Sunday get I'm looking for an attorney who practices in real estate in Tucson the follow-up as I am located in Illinois is that something that you can do

For a local attorney in Tucson - I recommend using the referral service through the AZ Bar Association referral service:

http://www.lawyerlegion.com/lawyer-referral-directory/arizona/

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Lawyer