Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Condo owned by two purchasers in the state of Florida. Does…

Customer Question
Condo owned by two...

Condo owned by two purchasers in the state of Florida. Does it stipulate in the contract of purchase and sale if the two purchasers are "joint" or "tenants in common"

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Clarification, this was signed in 2012 but now there are issues regarding the two owners

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a FL lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, if it is an agreement of tenants in common and one owner bequeaths in his will that the children inherit his ownership in the condo, does the other owner have the right to have the children sell to one of the original owners

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/31/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

where do I find your reply

Tenants in Common can each leave their ownership interest to anyone in their will. If they do not designate have a will or make a designation their 1/2 interest would pass to their heirs by intestate succession.

My apologies. It takes me a few moments to type out my reply.

There is process where co-owner's can force a sale. This is known as a Partition action.

I have received 4 text messages but not able to open - pls send to my email address *****************

My apologies the site blocks out all personal information.

Are you on a cell phone?

it is a mobile phone, but not getting responses from that, I am getting your response via my email address
do not send anything else via mobile phone. I can't believe I have just been invoice for $64 U.S. and you have not fully addressed my concern. I need further details without another charge which is outrageous for two sentences that you have given me. WHAT DO I DO THROUGH THE PARTITION ACTION VENUE

"do not send anything else via mobile phone. I can't believe I have just been invoice for $64 U.S. and you have not fully addressed my concern. I need further details without another charge which is outrageous for two sentences that you have given me. WHAT DO I DO THROUGH THE PARTITION ACTION VENUE"

I am not requesting any additional fees. Ignore the request. I cannot answer you directly on your email as the site blocks that information. Thank you for your patience and understanding.