Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Barrister, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
We are presently renting a house in Florida. We are a family
Lori
Lori, Juris Doctor
We are presently renting a house in Florida. We are a family of four: me, my wife, one daughter (17) and one son (13). We signed a two-year lease beginning last June 2017. The house also has a 3-car g… read more
3/2017-3/2018 i was renting a house in Denver. In the
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
3/2017-3/2018 i was renting a house in Denver. In the beginning before signing the lease. I noticed that were was a lot of random personal property in the house, garage, and in the back yard of the ho… read more
I just moved into a rental six days ago. It is turning out
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I just moved into a rental six days ago. It is turning out to be an awful situation. The lease calls for 30 day notice before I can move out. I want to get out much quicker than that, like within 3 da… read more
I am currently renting and the home had damage and I have
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I am currently renting and the home had damage and I have had to move to my inlaws while she was in the house she has been going thru my cupboards and closets … read more
I live in San Francisco in an old building apartment. my
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Hello, I live in downtown San Francisco in an old building apartment. my upstairs neighbor has been making a lot of noise for a long while now, due to her taking out the carpet and having hardwood flo… read more
I started renting a room in a 3-bedroom house in Irvine last
Ely, Counselor at Law
I started renting a room in a 3-bedroom house in Irvine last January, 2014. At first, the other two rooms were rented out to males in their 20's. On January 15, they decided to move out to have their … read more
My daughter and son in law and 18m. are renting a house from
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My daughter and son in law and 18m. are renting a house from a friend of mine. cellar was flooded with water on Dec. 4. Landlord took action by sending a painter/small repairs person to deal with it. … read more
My daughter leases a room in a house with three other tennants.
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My daughter leases a room in a house with three other tennants. each has a separtate lease. She is incompatible with two of the other tennents due to bullying and rudeness. she is in medical school an… read more
I have a question regarding a landlords rights and responsibilities.
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I have a question regarding a landlord's rights and responsibilities. I own a 3 family in Central Massachusetts. I am getting complaints from my second floor tenant (a section 8 tenant having her rent… read more
i am living at a apartment complex, i have 8 months until the
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
i am living at a apartment complex, i have 8 months until the end of my lease and so far my truck has been vandalized twice by the neighbor and no one will do anything. The apartment complex wont inst… read more
Nolo Presss Book on CA evictions (2004, p. 1/6) says a lodger
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, JD
Nolo Press's Book on CA evictions (2004, p. 1/6) says a lodger (in a SF home) can be evicted with a 30 day notice. Elsewhere, tenants of over a year are allowed a 60 day notice, but they don't mention… read more
my girlfriend just rented at will an apt from my fathr in law
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
my girlfriend just rented at will an apt from my fathr in law who told her she could have only one tv and has to have her bedroom in a room designated as a bedroom and if their refrigerator wont fit i… read more
I am renting a house for $1400 a month. The lease just started
Ellen, Attorney
I am renting a house for $1400 a month. The lease just started on Thursday, June 16th. The landlord left a piano in the front room and a non-running car in the driveway. Both of which were supposed to… read more
Do I have any rights as a renter paying $400 per month - I
Richard, Owner
Do I have any rights as a renter paying $400 per month - I just moved in & my area in uninhabitable. I am stuck in a family room on a little couch - with no door & yesterday I told my landlady I was g… read more
I rent out a bedroom in my house in Los Angeles to a tenant
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
I rent out a bedroom in my house in Los Angeles to a tenant who has a become nussance disturbing the peace at hours of the night. Also i suspect he's doing illegal drugs. How can I get rid of him? . C… read more
CAN A NJ tenant counterclaim for clear act of harrassment/threat
socrateaser, real estate lawyer
CAN A NJ tenant counterclaim for clear act of harrassment/threat evidence by a letter from june 30 either GET OUT or i am going to "lock you out of the house"since your dad is no longer able to pay th… read more
11 years ago I purchased realestate [ land on a privatly owned
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
11 years ago I purchased realestate [ land on a privatly owned island]with a house.The house being the selling point of the purchase. In june of 2009 I found out that the house was an illegal structur… read more
I wish to request Atty-Karen. I have a rental in CA and rent
AttorneyKaren
AttorneyKaren, Lead Attorney Miller Law Offices, LLC.
I wish to request Atty-Karen. I have a rental in CA and rent room by room. I have just rented the frontroom and told the other tenants that she will be sleeping in the front room until the next room i… read more