Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am ahead of my rent by almost 4 months. I keep a nice

Customer Question
I am ahead of...

I am ahead of my rent by almost 4 months. I keep a nice property and a spotless house. My daughter is ill and came to stay in my camper until she gets on her feet. I pay for all utilities. My rent was raised in April $150.00 and now she wants to go up another $750.00. Is that legal and here is the sad part, it's my sister.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I haven't. I was looking for a pro-bono lawyer. Do you know one or are u one? I sent her the original rent with the $150.00 rent increase today. If she sends it back, I will have to go legal. Don't want to, have to.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Cohasset. It's her town house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister is having a problem with her daughter and has never met her grandchildren. On Mother's Day this is when this all occurred. She has a very ugly green color, jelousy.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

So this all comes down to the terms of your lease. If you have no lease then you are on what is called a month to month lease which means that your landlord/sister can raise the rent every month is she so desires.

Did you have any further questions that I could answer? If not I would appreciate it if you would rate my answer (5 stars is appreciated). Thank you!

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you

If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (5 stars is appreciated). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question. Thank you!

If more issues crop up please contact me! Here is the link to my profile:

https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-expert-andy/?rpt=3800

Ratings are at the top of the page! Good luck!

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ratings really! GOOD LUCK TO U

Ratings are at the top of the page. Please rate my answer. Thanks

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer