Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

MY neighbor put a fence up about 22yrs ago we are not sure…

Customer Question
Second opinion] MY neighbor put...
Second opinion] MY neighbor put a fence up about 22yrs ago we are not sure whose property it is on and didn't really matter till recently.I put a garden in and he got mad cause I put dirt against the fence,now he has taken down some of the slats which makes it possible for my dogs to get out of my yard.. Can I put slats back up on my side of the fence
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 22 days ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

If this is your land you can block the dog from getting into your garden. Your neighbor is spiteful

You can also sue your neighbor for any damages the dog causes to your property.

Where is your property located as your neighbor may be violating local laws with the dog being at large.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.