Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own half interest in a piece of property in Georgia. I was…

Customer Question
I own half interest...

I own half interest in a piece of property in Georgia. I was forced to move by the other person. She said she was going to kill me if I didn't move out. I moved to California and I'm living on my social security. I'm 70 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Georgia lawyer about this?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have asked for my $2500 back that I put down on the property and was refused.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She wants me to sign over the property with no consideration. Just give it to her. Her daughter called me this evening and said she was going to sue me for defaulting on the property.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

If you can post your legal question and some of the back story about what is going on, I should be able to help.

.

.

thanks

I am half owner of a piece of property in Georgia. The woman I brought it with forced me to leave. I live in California now. She threatened to kill me if I didn't leave. Her daughter called me last night and said that if I don't sign over the property that I would be sued for default. I am asking for$2500, my half of the down payment. What are my options?
I can not afford to call you. Please message me with your answer