Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is the landlord allowed to talk about your lease to other…

Customer Question
Is the landlord allowed...

Is the landlord allowed to talk about your lease to other tentant and not you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texarkana texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Dont say anything about the landlord talking about you lease to the tenants the live in the apt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her son had shot a gun from her apt. why is was out of town for 5 day. and on top of that dIdnt know she was gone, dint in form who the manger will be in charge. all so had other tenants with your keys to your home

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

There is no duty of confidentiality between landlord and tenant like there is between attorney/client or doctor/patient. So as long as the landlord is not making false statements, he can disclose whatever he wants to to other people.

.

.

thanks

if the landlord wont talk to you about your lease but can talk to other tentants
no call

Legally the landlord doesn't have to talk to anyone about your lease, but can choose to talk to anyone about it..

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much