Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a home that I’ve been paying rent to the landlord…

Customer Question
I live in a...

I live in a home that I’ve been paying rent to the landlord for 10 years. He’s being foreclosed and I want to buy the property but wanted to know what a quiet title is since I’ve been here alone for 10 years

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. He’s been attempting modify his loan for years and Ocwen mortgage has never given decision. He’s trying one last time before the foreclosure date on June 21

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ocwen was involved in many lawsuits surrounding their practices of losing paperwork.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your specific question. What is your question please?

I’m a tenant in a property that is scheduled for foreclosure. My landlord has been attempting to work with the mortgage company for years to modify the payments to bring the current so I can buy from him, but to no avail. I am able to take over the mortgage and buy the house but we have a foreclosure date so I wanted to know my options

Thank you...but I am not sure I understand "options"...are you planning to pay off the loan that the landlord has on the property?