Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I received a mortgage cancellation does this mean I own my…

I received a mortgage...

I received a mortgage cancellation does this mean I own my home free and clear?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

North B.R.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I was in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy

5/27/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are other mortgages remaining or were placed in its place?
No other mortgages on property
Excellent. Where mortgage clear and no new mortgage places, you hold title free and clear!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
No other mortgages on property as far as I know W.F.was my only mortgage I know of
Good so title is clear. You could double check with a title company to confirm no new mortgages placed.Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
5 thank you!!
Thanks!
Infolawyer, Lawyer