Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was summoned for a eviction, i am currently applying for…

Customer Question
I was summoned for...

I was summoned for a eviction , i am currently applying for another apartment. Will the new landlord see this summons? And will i be denied for it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Well the a/c leaks water and i currently jave termites and nothing has been done about it. I just wanted to know since i haven't been actually evicted will it show that i was summoned?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was mailes the summons on the 22 of may and did not receive it until fridat the 25 im not sure where i am in the 5day waiting period

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 27 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, because the Summons will not show up on your credit report because there is no Judgment yet. However, if your Court makes cases available online, your Landlord may see the pending case online if your Landlord uses the Court case search tool. However, the new Landlord cannot use the Summons as the basis for denial of your rental application because there has been no Judgment of eviction.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.