Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In 2009 l Jr and Coker where approved to have a home built…

Customer Question
In 2009 Richard l...

In 2009 Richard l Thompson Jr and heather Coker where approved to have a home built due to hurricane in 2005. We where together 9 yrs. The lien was released to he and I in 2014 but my name is ***** ***** as owner

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I'm not aure what to do now there is a deed of trust but no deed

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

4423 cr 4018 newton texas 75966

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are now separated

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I can wait
I can send copies of any info I have
Ok
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. However, I am unclear about the situation (please remember that I do not have independent knowledge of your problem, and know only what you tell me here). Accordingly, can you please provide a little more background information and perhaps clarify the question? Thank you.

After hurricAne Katrina Richard l Thompson and heather m Coker was approved for our home to be replaced in @ June of 2009. Then I have a paper stating lien was released in march of 2014 but when I asked for deed the tax office said there was only deed of trust
I dont have 59 dollars

Hi again.

I'm confused by the situation. Here is what I understand so far:

- Two people named Richard and Heather were approved to have a home replaced.

- There was a lien on the property, but it was released.

- You are not listed as an owner.

- A deed of trust encumbers the property.

- There is no deed.

Please clarify the facts, as well as your question. For example, who are you in relation to Richard and Heather? What is your overall question about this situation? How does the released lien fit into this? How does the deed of trust fit into this? With regard to there being no deed, please clarify (i.e., deed from who to who?).

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm heather and he and I where common law married

Hi again.

Can you answer the other questions to help me to understand the situation and your question?