Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I believe I may be taken to court. I have recently bought a…

Customer Question
I believe I may be...
I believe I may be taken to court. I have recently bought a home. my sister was going to be moving in to the lower unit and I was going to the upper unit. she had her boyfriend paint. the orginial agreement was for him to complete the upper unit as is needed more work. he started to tear off the wall paper then left the a mess then went down and started the lower with out telling me.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are you planning on suing the boyfriend, or do you think you are going to be sued for nonpayment?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I believe he is taking me, I have heard it from someone that he maybe going after illieaga eviction. there was no lease signed. the home was not ready to be moved into yet. he was doing the work free as my sister was moving in to the unit. I was never informed that he breached the original aggrement. I did see him on day 1 tearing off wall paper of the upper unit. then next day I saw him he was prepping the lower.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
he said a job this size wouild cost 6000, said hed cut a break and 2500 as he said the job was half done,. if it were half done. then the entire lower should have been done. not half.

He was evicted from the home?

Or are you saying you think he is suing you for the $2500?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
my sister came to my current home and asked mom what her problem was, and when mom told her she was upset about the top not getting my sister went crazy. then things turned bad.

I'm just not clear on what you think you are being sued for...did you not pay him and he is trying to recover his money?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
all comuntication was through my sister to her boyfriend. we were kinda told what was being done. and when I did question something I got told it will be done and that is all you need to know. I was not even able to ask questions was told I ouild not even help do any of the painting

I am going to opt out because I'm not sure what you are asking

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
the story is very complicated. I never asked any one to leave. they left on their own.. and now are saying they want to take me to court.

So they are saying that you evicted them and they are suing for that, even though you never said that you were evicting them. As long as you didn't deny them access to the location, then they wouldn't really have an argument that you evicted them.