Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a problem I believe I be taken to court. I am

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem I believe I be taken to court. I am presently painting a new home. The original tenenat who was to move in walked out there was no lease agreement signed yet as the home is not ready to be moved into

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Nothing yet. my sister was too move into the lower unti. her boyfriend was painting. and now is insistling that he be paid for his services for a job that was never completed. there was no contract all them comumicatjion went through her. The original agreement was for him to finish the upper unit and then the lower. the upper unit was not completed. but the lower uniti is less than half way completed. I am now having to get some one to finish the job. he took all the paint and hes looking for compensation for his services. there was contract for payent. they were going to move in under the condioiton that were going to complete jthe unpper unit first

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Depwe ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are a lot of details many txt meaasages vey hurt things that have been said by the other party that is a causing emotional destress

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Were you giving them some break on the rent or deposit for their labor in painting?

.

What would your normal rent and deposit be?

.

.

thanks