Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a house that has a joint title on it. The local law…

Customer Question
I own a house...

I own a house that has a joint title on it. The local law ferm refuse to transfer it to my name only. What are my options ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

It is our mertial resadents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Putnam county in Ohio.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all the paper work, What do you need to have it reopend?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Are you divorcing and you get the house?

.

Is your spouse signing off the deed to transfer their interest to you?

.

.

thanks

to both.
Can you give me a phone number?

The phone call offers are auto generated by the website, not me personally. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

I would like to talk to them in person.

If you are divorcing and you get the house, all you need to do is have a quitclaim deed prepared from your spouse as the grantor over to you as the grantee.. Then spouse signs the deed in front of a notary public and you then record it at the local land records office.. Then the transfer is complete.

.

You can download a template quitclaim deed from a site like this for minimal cost: https://www.uslegalforms.com/oh/OH-02-77.htm

.

If you wanted a call with one of the experts that provide that service you would need to click whatever button is on your screen that says you want a phone call. There is some extra fee involved though.

.

.

thanks

I don't have time right now don.t you have a phone number that i can contact?

This is the only phone number I have for JustAnswer if you needed to contact them..

.

If you need assistance navigating the system, or in understanding how this site operates, the Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7. Email***@******.*** In the US or Canada 1-***-***-**** Available 6am to 9pm PST or use this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

This paper work dose not have anything to do with the web page.

Right... that is just a link to a website that will sell you a Quitclaim deed template you can then fill out yourself, have spouse sign, then record it and it transfers the property to you... JustAnswer is an information and question website... The attorneys here don't represent customers from the site...we only answer questions and provide information.

.

It avoids the need to hire an attorney to prepare a deed you can do yourself... I am trying to make this easy and inexpensive for you..

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much