Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have a special warranty deed signed by my common law spouse…

Customer Question
Have a special warranty...

Have a special warranty deed signed by my common law spouse using my sir name when she should of used maiden name . apparently not legal

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Just was informed recently , deed was signed i 1993

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Osceola county florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We live in Canada and can this be corrected or is it an illegal deed

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Is the deed notarized and witnessed?

If yes, how did your wife get the notarization if she did not use her legal name?