Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a mobile home in a mobile home park. I rent the lot. I…

Customer Question
I own a mobile...

I own a mobile home in a mobile home park. I rent the lot. I need someone who can clarify for me the owners responsibility in caring for the lot and what is my responsibility. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

The owner says it's my responsibility. I looking for someone who can let me know what I can do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the mobile home located?

5505 S Grove St, Rocklin, CA Name of the park is Rocklin Estates.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The land in the front yard has gone down about a foot at the edge of the front deck. Also the block wall along the edge is tipping a few inches. The lawn sprinklers are tipping and not watering the lawn properly.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 28 days ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The Park should have rules and regulations that you are aware of. What does your lease state? Your lease is a binding contract. Let me pull up the State Laws that assist when the lease/contract does not address and issue.

ARTICLE 2 - RENTAL AGREEMENT 798.15 IN-WRITING AND REQUIRED CONTENTS

The rental agreement shall be in writing and shall contain, in addition to the provisions otherwise required by law to be included, all of the following: (a) The term of the tenancy and the rent therefor. (b) The rules and regulations of the park. (c) A copy of the text of this chapter shall be provided as an exhibit and shall be incorporated into the rental agreement by reference. Management shall do one of the following prior to February 1 of each year, if a significant change was made in this chapter by legislation enacted in the prior year:

(1) Provide all homeowners with a copy of this chapter.

(2) Provide written notice to all homeowners that there has been a change to this chapter and that they may obtain 2018 CALIFORNIA MOBILEHOME RESIDENCY LAW one copy of this chapter from management at no charge. Management must provide a copy within a reasonable time, not to exceed seven days, upon request. (d) A provision specifying that (1) it is the responsibility of the management to provide and maintain physical improvements in the common facilities in good working order and condition and (2) with respect to a sudden or unforeseeable breakdown or deterioration of these improvements, the management shall have a reasonable period of time to repair the sudden or unforeseeable breakdown or deterioration and bring the improvements into good working order and condition after management knows or should have known of the breakdown or deterioration. For purposes of this subdivision, a reasonable period of time to repair a sudden or unforeseeable breakdown or deterioration shall be as soon as possible in situations affecting a health or safety condition, and shall not exceed 30 days in any other case except where exigent circumstances justify a delay. (e) A description of the physical improvements to be provided the homeowner during his or her tenancy. (f) A provision listing those services which will be provided at the time the rental agreement is executed and will continue to be offered for the term of tenancy and the fees, if any, to be charged for those services. (g) A provision stating that management may charge a reasonable fee for services relating to the maintenance of the land and premises upon which a mobilehome is situated in the event the homeowner fails to maintain the land or premises in accordance with the rules and regulations of the park after written notification to the homeowner and the failure of the homeowner to comply within 14 days..." http://www.hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/mobile-home-ombudsman/docs/MRL.pdf

If you need assistance with any issues help is available at https://www.lawhelpca.org/subtopics/mobile-homes-and-manufactured-homes

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My feeling it that the problem is because it wasn't done properly (right) to begin with.

That is a problem for the Park.

This is the link to file a complaint http://www.hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/docs/form419e.pdf

It is against the law for them to retaliate against you for filing a complaint.

This is a link for the California Assistance Center http://www.hcd.ca.gov/manufactured-mobile-home/mobile-home-ombudsman/index.shtml

Did I answer your questions and provide helpful information?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Can I talk to you again on May 29th?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I want to talk to the owner one more time on next Tuesday the 29th. Then get in touch with you again. I’m out of time now.

You can return to this question or open a new question any time.

Thank you. Please let me know what happens.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars? Thank you for your consideration.