Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

From Texas. wants to know if a household, man and wife, in…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon from Texas. ...

Good Afternoon from Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Bruce wants to know if a household, man and wife, in an HOA with a single vote on HOA matters has 2 voices at HOA monthly meetings. Only one voice was allowed in a monthly HOA meeting last night in Lewisville, Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a TX lawyer about this?

I have not talked to a lawyer. Searching the internet for documentations.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No mam.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You can file an Open Meetings Complaint here if you were de nied your first amendment rights to speak at the HOA meeting.You only get one vote per unit here, but you should have first amendment rights at open meeting here in Texas under the law.

File complaint here

open records division

Office of the Attorney General
Open Records Division
P.O. Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711

open government hotline

(512) 478-OPEN (6736)
(877) OPEN-TEX (673-6839)

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank You, ***** ***** consult with the wife.

I wish you the best.HOAs are really government gone mad aren't they.Thanks for rating 5 stars.