Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A couple of questions concerning a construction contract in…

Customer Question
A couple of questions...

A couple of questions concerning a construction contract in South Carolina. I have a fixed bid contract with a GC building a home for us. I specified exterior materials that doesn't require any painting but he says I will need to pay $30,000 for prime and finish he added to the contract. Your opinion as to what I will owe on this contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No - I don't want to upset the apple cart and let him finish the house otherwise we have no place to move to when our house sells

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a SC lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The contractor left out the steel reinforcement in the concrete footings and slab that were called for in the construction drawings

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

A fixed price contract is just that fixed so his additional costs are his to pay if he planned poorly.