Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a small rental home which has been leased since

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small rental home which has been leased since Novmber 2017. The tenant paid deposit & 1mo rent in November. December rent was paid on time. January rent was late, so I called and she had returned to California, but grandson paid rent in February and then Feburary rent in March. No rent has been paid for March - May 2018. Tenant is still in another state and does not intend to return. Utilities have been turned off since January. What can I do to remove her junk ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

The home is in Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Usual things, properly maintain inside and keep outside clean with grass mowed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Rent due on 1st of month. No pets. No sublet. Comply with building, zone and health codes. In the event of breach of payment for rent, landlord shall have full rightd to terminate leasein accordance with state law and reenter and claim possession of the leased premises in addition to such other to each other remedies availabel to landlord arising from said breach. ...violation of any part of this agreement, or nonpayment of rent when due shall be cause of eviction under appliable code sections.. the prevailing party shall recover legal service fees involved.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok
Can we chat?
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes, I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone to discuss your matter further.

Continue
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

You should have received a link for the phone call. Just follow the link and the site will get us connected to chat. Thanks!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Would you like to continue?

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!