Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in mesa az.What happens if I walk away from my mobile…

Customer Question
I live in mesa...

I live in mesa az.What happens if I walk away from my mobile home.I owe no money on it,i have no lease.it is in Mobile home Park.Must leave for health reasons.I am 69 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No. I have tried selling it with no luck

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an AZ lawyer about this?

No. I am very limited income.Not sure who to contact

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your health concerns.

Do you pay rent on the lot itself? If so, are you under a rental contract with the mobile home park?

I pay lot rent.I have been here since 2011.never late or missed a lot payment.I have not signed anything for years.The park just changed ownership in the last 4 months.Have not been contacted by new owners about rental agreement.
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Thanks for clarifying. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

You can notify the new owners of your intent to abandon the mobile home.

Since you own the home outright, you can speak with them about the possibility of signing over the title of the mobile home to them, and in exchange their agreement to waive any claim to other associated fees and costs (should they decide to later remove the mobile home, etc.)

You would want to be sure to get that in writing to protect yourself from any future claims.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!