Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a Mobile home & pay a monthly lot fee. When I

Customer Question
Second opinion] I own...

Second opinion] I own a Mobile home & pay a monthly lot fee. When I purchased it they told me Central Air would be included. I purchased it in August of 2017 & still no central air. What can I do? I have spoken with them several times and keep getting the run around.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have not prepared any paperwork or filed anything. I do have this is my paperwork that it would be included.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the mobile home located?

Justice IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, i had to install a window air conditioner because I have a dog & she can't be in this heat and they know this also.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Andrew, Lawyer replied 29 days ago
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I understand the urgency of your situation with summer quickly approaching. If you are unable to communicate over the phone with these people I would write them a letter and send it certified mail. In that letter, you should restate your efforts in trying to get them comply with the terms of your contract. I would also get an estimate from an alternative source for what the cost will be to install central air. Let them know in your letter that if you do not hear from them within 2 weeks or however much time you want to give them that you will move forward with installation and then sue them for the cost of installation plus attorney fees and the cost of the lawsuit. Hopefully, this will generate a response from them. If you do not hear from them I would sue them in small claims court and ask for all your expenses.

Did you have any further questions that I could answer? If not I would appreciate it if you would rate my answer (5 stars is appreciated). Thank you!