Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a Mobile home & pay a monthly lot fee. When I

Customer Question
I own a Mobile...

I own a Mobile home & pay a monthly lot fee. When I purchased it they told me Central Air would be included. I purchased it in August of 2017 & still no central air. What can I do? I have spoken with them several times and keep getting the run around.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have not prepared any paperwork or filed anything. I do have this is my paperwork that it would be included.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the mobile home located?

Justice IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, i had to install a window air conditioner because I have a dog & she can't be in this heat and they know this also.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/25/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Thank you
Nok it's easier for me to text
I just need to know if I have any grounds to fight this.
Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

The phone call request is actually auto generated by the site, so please feel free to disregard it if it's not something you're interested in right now.

I'm typing up your answer now, thanks!

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

The inclusion of central air was part of your sales contract which means that the seller was obligated to install the central air.

If this has still not been done, despite your requests and efforts at communication, then you can consider moving ahead with filing a claim in small claims court.

A judge can enforce fulfillment of the contract, or can order the seller to pay you directly for the cost of installation, as well as for the cost of the window unit you had to install in the interim.

Small claims court is designed to be user friendly, so you can actually move ahead with filing this claim yourself, without necessarily needing to hire an attorney. You can also request that your filing fees and court costs be reimbursed by the other party.

If you go into the clerk of courts office at your local small claims courthouse, they should be able to provide you with the forms you need to file the claim.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Real Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!