Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

When can I file for a disablity property tax exemption in…

When can I file...

When can I file for a disablity property tax exemption in Ms. Is a homestead and a disabilty exemtion the same. I can only file for homestead from Jan. to April.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No . Just bought my manuf. home yesterday. Trying to find how to or when I can apply

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Lawrence Co. Ms. 39641

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Best way to transfer the deed to my name or do I have to with a quit deed from my sisters property where I want to put my home.

Answered in 1 day by:
5/24/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Who are the parties that are currently on the title/deed?

My sister .

Once you sister conveys the property to you via a deed, quit claim is perfect, and the deed is recorded, you become the tax payer of record for the real property and you would be able to file for exemptions at that time.

Let me check the zip code see if I can provide the exemption forms required.

I was hoping i could get a quick answer so I know what to expect. Didn't know my sis has a friend at the Co. thats handling it with her . Thanks .

The forms are not available online. You would contact:

Lawrence County Tax Assessor - Collector *****
Monticello, Mississippi 39654

***-***-****

You are most welcome. Thank you for using JA!

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Thank you very much.

Your welcome