Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm interested in buying a rental property. I want it to be…

Hello,I'm interested in buying a...
Hello,I'm interested in buying a rental property. I want it to be under my LLC and have no tie to me personally. I'm assuming I'll need to use my personal credit to get the mortgage loan. If this is the case, legally, will the property still be under my LLC and have no tie to me personally?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2018
Richard, Lawyer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. As long as you title the property in the LLC, you will not have liability with issues relating to the property. The only personal liability you would have is the mortgage if requested to personally guarantee the loan by your lender. This would require only that you sign a personal guarantee; the property would still be owned by the LLC and any other debts, liabilities, etc. concerning the property would be totally separate from you personally. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Lawyer

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.