Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

It is complicated but received a court summons to appear for…

It is complicated but...

It is complicated but received a court summons to appear for none inspection of the apartment.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

No Just received summons today was the hearing but just got the summons

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the apartment located?

Camden NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the person on the summons is not me, but I have been handling it.

5/22/2018
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Who is named on the summons?

"it is complicated but received a court summons to appear for none inspection of the apartment." I am sorry I do not know what a "none inspection" refers to?

okay failure to obtain rental approval

Thank you for the clarification. Who is named on the summons?

J H Turner Et Ux

"J H Turner Et Ux" This is not you? Can you explain the situation a little more?

I just need to understand what did I spend 35.00 for
Is there more after $59

My apologies, however, if I do not understand your question I cannot provide a response. Please ignore the telephone call request. The request did not come from me. You stated this was complicated.

I need to have some representation. I am at fault here , but clients have not paid rent. I asked them to pay or move. They were friends and had agreeded to get the property rental approvals

And the hearing was today? You stated you were not the person named in the summons. Did the party that filed the summons and complaint against "H Turner Et Ux" file this against the wrong party?

No it was my husband who is unavailable but my name is ***** ***** deed. I have been taking care of this during this cycle.

They named an improper party.

Are you sure about that?

Yes. The needed to name the actual title owner.

Name on the summon is
JH ET UX Turner
PO Box 615
Rancocas NJ

If that is not the name of the landlord/owner they served the wrong party.

No but my name is ***** ***** deed to house. Am I responsible?

You stated you were not named on the summons. Is that correct?

They served the wrong party.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Ok invaluable assistance
Thanks

Thank you. I am very happy that I could assist you.