Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have another question. What about homeowners insurance?

Customer Question
OK I have another question...
OK I have another question. What about homeowners insurance? Can my sister with the largest percentage ownership have anything set forth at a closing that would require my homeowners insurance company to notify her should I not make an insurance payment? I mean my thinking is if there is no lien on the property, the title company shouldn’t be doing any paperwork that would set up such a requirement. Am I correct?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/21/2018
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings and welcome to the site. I am in the process of reviewing your question and working on a reply! I will be right back!
That would be unusual. Normally insured would set up notice of non payment to anyone who purchases the policy and not others.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me
Your response is not clear. I’m not sure you have fully understood my question. Who are you referring to as the “insurance”? To be honest with you, your reply makes no sense because normally insured, again who is the insured, does not set up notice of nonpayment to anyone who purchases the policy. They normally set up notice of non-payment to the lienholder, as I understand things, and I have had quite a few lien holders who were receiving notices if I did not make my insurance payment. Do we need to speak in person in order to clarify my question?
Also, you’re trying to charge me $59 for a phone call. If that is your reason for making your answer on clear, I might remind you that I am entitled to one more free phone call as I was given two free phone calls with my trial membership.
She would lack standing to get notices about your non payment unless you and she agree and instruct them to so notify
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksIf you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me