Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a commercial property in Los Angeles County be sold if…

Can a commercial property...

Can a commercial property in Los Angeles County be sold if there is no heating for workers and no hot water in a bathroom?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Yes a contract of sale with a 30 day contingency

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

City of Long Beach,Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thanks for your effort and that’s the bot***** *****ne

5/19/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Are you asking if a commercial property can be sold if it has some plumbing and HVAC problems?

.

.

thanks

Succinctly , can a commercial property in the city of Long Beach , Ca go into a contract for sale of said property if there is 1) No hot water system installed, including the bathroom 2) No heating system for workers in the workplace?
Is there not a simple answer to what are code violations as per health and safety regulations?

Yes, there is no law that prohibits the sale of a property that has problems with it or isn't up to Code. The new buyer would just have to make any repairs necessary to bring it up to Code in order to make it habitable if that is mandatory.

.

.

thanks

I saw the option to call you and I am not interested and would prefer a simple yes or no answer to my question
Thank you

The phone call offers come from the website, not me personally... I don't do them..

Did you see my answer above?

,

Do you have any other questions I can help with?

.

.

thanks

The situation is that there has never been any system nor is there now, to produce hot water. Nor has there ever been any format to provide ambient temperature heat within the workplace. Is the answer still no problem/ law prohibiting sale.

No, it is not a problem that would prevent the sale... Buildings that need work or remodeling are sold every day.. Some need to be completely gutted.. But they still are sold. However, if they have to have a Certificate of Occupancy, then the city Code officials will not issue the CO until it is brought up to code.

Your extended answer is appreciated

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

.

As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a licensed Realtor for over 15 years...

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer