Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was the executor for my mother's estate. it was settled in…

I was the executor...

I was the executor for my mother's estate. it was settled in August. My sister and i have the house she has a two bedroom on the upper part and i have the main house. We were left a trust to pay all the bills and keep up maintenance on the home. She sued me in Sept, I made her a settlement giving her 4 lots and $30,000.00 but she said i had to pay her attorney fees of $5,000.00. i gave her $25,000.00 with $1,000.00 a month starting in March. We set up a joint account to pay the bills. Now she says that's her money and took money out of the account which is not what the contract says. She will force me to loose my home if i can not use the money for what it was intended for. The repairs to the doors and windows have still not been done and now she says its not her problem. She still lives in the house and is bringing in a trailer, Since she violated the contract can I do anything to get this resolved?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada, Goldfield Esmeralda County

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None yet I don't know what kind of lawyer that can help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did sign the contract but she keeps threatening constantly and i am just done with it. This house is about 4500 sq. feet with a indoor heated swimming pool and cost a lot to maintain it the money was suppose to operate the home for the rest of our lives.

5/15/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

1. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.
  2. Please ignore any reports from the site regarding your expert being offline or time the site says it takes to get an answer, they are incorrect as delays in replies are caused by many reasons including working with multiple customers on this site or clients in our office at the same time.

If she is violating terms of the contract, then you need to sue her for breach of contract and seek a court injunction to prevent her from continuing to cause damage to the property and preventing her from bringing in trailer and ask the court to terminate the contract and order her removed from the land

You would need a local attorney to do so, but if she is as bad as you say and she is violating the agreement you signed, you need to drag her into court, that is the only thing she will listen to and get the contract terminated because of her breach.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you I got the answers immediately!!

Thank you very much.