Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have another question about the loan I talked to you

about. I was wrong on...
I have another question about the loan I talked to you about. I was wrong on the information that I gave you. I did sign off on a line of credit. It was not a second mortgage on the house.
5/14/2018
Loren, Lawyer

If you have pledged the property as collateral then you can not change the title without the consent of the lender.

This is part of the loan agreement you signed called a "Due on Transfer" clause.

If you transfer the property without the lender's consent then they can demand immediate repayment of all amounts due under the loan.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Ok thank you.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer